I think that technology is important in teaching because it can present the material in a way that the students can understand better than just reading it from a book. Some people are visual learners so seeing a PowerPoint with some pictures may help them remember and learn the subject more easily. Things such as the SmartBoards are helpful in the classroom because the teacher can easily pull up pages on the computer and highlight important parts for the students to see.
In this class I hope to become more computer literate so that I can use technology to deliver lessons when I am a teacher. I am considering becoming a math teacher and if I do then I could use certain softwares with drill-and-practice programs. The use of databases and spreadsheets would allow me to keep track and calculate grades more easily than writing them down and doing them all by hand at the end of each marking period.
I feel a little strange writing this blog, but here it goes... I want to be a teacher, although I am undecided as to what age group and subject yet. I am the second out of seven kids so I think that will help me to be a more patient and understanding teacher because I'm used to the chaos and noise that a classroom can contain. I'm really excited for this class because I'm eager to learn new ways and ideas of how to use technology to not only further advance my personal knowledge and use of the internet, but to help me in my future career.
Blog Post #10
16 years ago
I agree with you. Technology and computers helps students become more interested in the course. Also, the students get to see instead of just listening to the instructor speak. This helps with students who are visual learners. I think that from this class you will learn different techniques using computers which will make you a better teacher.
ReplyDeleteI agree that technology makes learning much more interesting than just reading from a book. Tools like the smart board are extremely benneficial in becoming a math teacher. Personally, I know I enjoyed being able to particiapate in math class by working out problems on the smart board. I am also eager to learn new and different ways to apply computers and technology into my future career.
ReplyDeleteI agree that Smartboards can be a very useful tool in the classroom because all the information is right in front of you and is presented in an organized fashion. I am also unsure of what age group and subject matter I want to pursue but I am excited for this class and my other education courses to help me weigh my options and decide what's best for me.
ReplyDelete