As a teacher I would make use of the concepts presented in Chapter 7 by incorporating them into my classroom. By breaking down information into more categories with examples for each, my students would be able to organize their thoughts. To do this I would use technology such as Microsoft Word to create outlines, and Microsoft PowerPoint to create slideshows to display information and visual aids.
I would encourage my students to develop outline, idea map, and storyboard skills because I think that it helps to map out your thoughts before you begin writing. This could help them when writing essays because they can take a very broad topic and be able to narrow it down into a more detailed paper on a specific topic. This would also make the writing process easier for them because if they made an outline of what their essay would be then they would already have the topic for each paragraph decided and wouldn't need to worry about making it flow as much.
I think that learning how to evaluate websites will help me in my educational career because now I can look up more reliable websites and tell my students about them when they are doing research. I will also be able to evaluate their research better by knowing what to look for in the websites that they choose. Also, by knowing how to teach idea maps I could help them more with their writing. This goes hand-in-hand with the research that they will be doing, they can research the information and then organize it with an idea map before writing their papers.
Blog Post #10
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment