Saturday, October 10, 2009

Blog Journal # 5


The website I have chosen is very easy to navigate and read. The graphics on the page support the text. The colors that appear on the page are not too overwhelming that it distracts the viewer, but they also are not too subtle that they become washed out in the background. There is a very clear and direct link back to the home page, which helps viewers of this site. http://www.travelchannel.com/Travel_Ideas/Seven_Wonders_of_the_World/New_Seven_Wonders_of_the_World

I think that the biggest advantage to using presentation software in the K-12 classroom is that the children are able to learn more easily. often simply reading about a concept in a text book is hard for children to understand, but a presentation allows them to visualize and grasp the concept more easily. The biggest disadvantage is that this may take more time than simply having the children read for homework and then discussing it in class the following day. Therefore, more class time would have to be devoted to these concepts and less to other subjects.

I would use Microsoft Power Point to make the lesson more interactive and fun for my students. By using graphics, sounds, and film clips the students would be more likely to not only understand what I am teaching them, but also be more excited about learning. The different layouts and colors may also help them pay more attention and be more alert during class.

2 comments:

  1. The website that you chose to critiques, states very clear what each paragraph is about and looks like a nice website to browse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its great that we both have the same intention about Power Point... We're going to have some pretty great students!!!!

    ReplyDelete